- Channel Console
The LINE Platform provides many features for developing applications that are integrated with LINE. But for security reasons, only registered users with the “Channel editor” role can access the Channel Console to configure Channel settings.
There are two types of roles.
|CHANNEL_EDITOR||User who can access and configure assigned Channels in the Channel Console|
|DEVELOPER||User who can access the application of a Channel that has the DEVELOPING status.
Note: Only applies to enterprise users who has the Channel set to the DEVELOPING status.
When you create a new Channel, you will have the CHANNEL_EDITOR role for the Channel. With this role, you can do the following:
- Edit Channel information such as the Channel name, description, icon images, and technical specifications.
- Assign roles to other users. Users can accept or decline the request.
- Register server IP addresses to the server IP whitelist
- (Enterprise only) Manage link message templates
- (Enterprise only) Use test data: Configure test data. Use dummy friends.
Follow these steps to assign roles to users.
- Select the Channel you want to manage from the list on the left
- Click Roles
To assign roles to other users, enter the following information and click ADD NEW USER.
- User’s LINE ID
- User’s full name (must be in English)
- User’s official email address (cannot be a personal email address)
- User’s company
- Role to be assigned
Note: An invitation is sent to the user by email when the form is submitted and the user will be listed as PENDING.
The user you invited must accept your invitation before the role is assigned. After you have submitted the form to invite a user to your Channel, an email containing a link will be sent. The user accepts your invitation by clicking on the link and will then be assigned the role you specified.
Users who have the CHANNEL_EDITOR role can delete roles. To delete the role of another user, click DELETE next to the user in the assigned user list table.